what do i tell young children about being saved by Jesus? These have never been taught about Jesus? Something simple enought to make them want to know more?

donnaSue773

Asked by donnaSue773 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Whose children are you trying to tell. I'd say don't say anything if it were mine.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Tell them that Jesus lived a long time ago. He was the Son of God. He lived and taught us how to be good people. He loved all of us so much that died so that we would be able to escape from sin and the bad things we do. As we follow His example, and learn about Him, we can be better people, and happier. "Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. We are weak, but He is strong."
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Honestly that doesn't seem like an apppropriate way to talk about Jesus with kids. I start my just explaining who he is.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Maybe get some children books that tell the story of Jesus, My son is 7, he knows that Jesus died for our sins, we go to church. We started very simple, that He was born in a stable, that he is gods son and as he grow, he is learning more and more. :-) He has asked Christ into his heart! He wants to go to church, even on days when I am not really wanting to go, that is how much he loves Jesus!!
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 2:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Unless they're your own children, you shouldn't
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have to agree, if they are not your children you shouldn't.. It is their parents choice.. If you are a sunday school teacher, I would go to the christian store and get books age appropriate..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I really REALLY hope you are only talking about your own kids.
    gypsyjewels

Answer by gypsyjewels at 3:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Are they your children? If so, I would tell them whatever it is that you believe. If they aren't, I would tell them that's it's a question they should ask to their own mom or dad.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If they are your children, then maybe a few children books, maybe even a starter Child's Bible...
    If the children you wish to talk to are NOT yours, then DON'T... (unless it's in your own church)...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If it's MY children you say nothing. I have it covered.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010