need advice

I started dating this guy bout a month ago. He is an over the road truck driver with 2 kids. I have 3. He is going thru a divorce. I like him and all but dont feel that he is truely wanting to be with me. I have met his kids and all. We come from a small town and I have met some of his family. It is hard to explain all that i want to say. I have been searching off and on for some freinds of mine that i knew years ago. a fella that i was engaged to be married to. I found his mother and sister who i just love to pieces. He and i talked bout the past and all. I discovered that what i thought was going on then was not. We didnt get maried due to a misunderstanding. My feelings for him are the same. I regret not marying him.what do i do. no matter what my decision is someone is going to get hurt. I like the cureent bf but am still in love with the ex. I dont like this feeling.both men are great men. I just dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't live our life trying to make everyone else happy. Figure out which one you want to be with, and go for it. The other one will get over it.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 2:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The trucker isn't divorced yet. If he was your ex-husband, how would you feel about him dating before your divorce was final? He may be a great guy, but if you felt for him as deeply as you think you do, would you be so worried about what to do now that your ex is back in the picture?
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 2:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• when did you start searching for this long lost friend....before or after you met the trucker?

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• before the trucker but found him after i started dating the trucker.
    I have been looking for him for a couple of years off and on.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• maybe the trucker is not that into you too?
    maybe he will feel like you are doing him a favor - some people have a hard time breaking things off when not bad but not right either
    IF you were not into the old ex, would you still be seeing the trucker? and why if you are not that into him?

this is why overlapping relationships is never a good idea
    however... it did make you realize that you are Just Not That Into Him

do the trucker a favor and let me know you like him, but just not that way, he will get over it
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The trucker is married, and you may well be a rebound for him. Since you aren't sure about him, and you feel that he isn't the one for you, let him go.

Answer by Bmat at 3:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It's just been a month girl...way, way to early for this kind of drama. Why would he introduce his kids to a women he's know for just a short period of time? Why are you worried about going after your true love over a guy you just met? Come on, this is not high school!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 5:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thanks for the answers. i know the answer but i guess i just dont like hurting ppl feelings.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010