What IS the 3 day potty training method? I am not really getting any real info on it.

Have you done it? HOW do you do it? I googled it and it was useless.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have no idea what it is either. So I gave you a bump, and hope that someone can explain :)
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes. we used it by "accident" lol..
    Its where you let your child run around "bottomless" for 3 days (big tshirts/gowns/dresses work well) u cant leave the house. No undies, pants, diaper AT ALL (unless asleep).. and you ask them often if they need to potty or take them to the restroom if they have not gone at all about every 30-45min (or if u become aware how often they go, try to ask/take them right before their natural time).
    On the 4th day (if they are ready) you can put something lose on them like baggy pants but nothing that is tight around their legs (may remind them of the feeling/protection of wearing a diaper).... take a potty with you when traveling cause during this time they may only give a 2min warning before accident will happen (my dd has peed in her potty in the backseat floor during this period).
    and then a few days later you can start to put them back into their normal clothes as you see they are doing good
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I didnt believe this method until it "happened" to my dd. She was in panties, peed in them, after i cleaned her up i just let her run around in a tshirt. we had her potty in our livingroom. and about 15min after she had been around around bottomless she said " I DID IT "... i was like did what? ... and she pointed to her potty & sure enough.. she had peed.. all by herself in her potty! So the next morning as soon as she woke up I took off her diaper & reminded her of her potty. She peed in the floor, but i think it was bc she was not awake just yet. The rest of the day was perfect with PP. Mid-day she was in her room & she came running out of her room trying to make it to her potty but accidently didnt make it & left a poop trail in her room/hallway (lol).. But for the next 3 days I just reminded her about the potty every 45min. and she made no more accident. the 5th day (yes i gave an xtra day for safety lol) (cont. below)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• on the 5th day i put her in lose cotton pants & we went to walmart.. success... that weekend she got big girl panties... The weekend after that she was done with diapers completely (day & night)...
    She had accidents about 1 a month, but those are totally normal! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have the ebook that someone sent me if you want it. its an actual book that gives you step by step. i am going to do it once i have three days in a row to commit to it with no work and i have to be done with school.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thank you guys! That makes more sense. I would like to try it! It really couldn't hurt. lambdarose, that would be awesome. :)
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• There are a couple groups on here that detail the method, and if you join one of them, the group owner will make you read her journal instead of answering your questions...but maybe reading her journal would give you enough of a good idea. There is a lot of support on the groups on here.
    JJsMoMMy519

Answer by JJsMoMMy519 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thats incrediable! Now only if my son was speaking more this may work lol. Maybe now that Im on maternity leave I should try this..
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 7:43 PM on Nov. 16, 2010