Have you ever used olive oil or leave in conditioner on your hair? Did it work?

I read that if your hair is really dry virgin olive oil is good for the scalp and hair. You do have to thoroughly wash it out though. Additionally, leave in conditioner is supposed to help brittle hair be restored as another alternative treatment.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• If you put straight olive oil in your hair, you will have greasy hair for days. YOu would have to shampoo it like 5 times to get it all out, then the shampoo will have stripped all the oils out anyway.

If you have really dry, brittle hair try a few of these, Morrocan Oil products, Redken Real Control, Biolage Hydratherapy line, and find a salon that uses the Redken Chemistry System and get the treatment done. It's not too expensive and the hair feels awesome for a long time. Oh and DO NOT leave conditioners in the hair that are not meant to be left in. It will cause the hai to overtreat, and can make it feel worse.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I take mayo (not miracle whip) and put it in my hair then wrap in aluminum foil and blowdry until it's warm. I leave it on until it cools and then wash. I do this once a month.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do use it, but as Musicmom said, do have to shampoo more than once. I don't do it on a morning when I'm getting up to go somewhere but like on a Sunday when I'm just lounging around the house. Then when I wash again Monday morning I'm good to go. :)

As far as the store bought stuff goes I LOVE Biolage Hydratherapy products.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Actually, I use Olive Oil on my hair at least once a week, and it is never greasy. I just put some on at the beginning of my (very hot) shower, let it sit, then rinse. I only shampoo my hair once or twice a week too, it's actually healthier for you hair. Less lather = less dryness, fly away frizzies etc...
    mommyharmon

Answer by mommyharmon at 3:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i have a leave in conditioner i use once in a while, if i am going to blow dry my hair, it helps keep it from getting frizzy. i think it is garnier fructis. i really like it but do not use it very often though, and only on the ends.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 3:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I use coconut oil as a leave in treatment, but I use it sparingly. I also use R&B leave in treatment from LUSH. It smells like stargazer lilies.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 15, 2010