I feel a bit sad. (not really a question, I know.)

I just phoned work and talked to a colleague about a patient who's not doing well. In fact she's about to die. -It's a retirement home, people die. Happens all the time.
It's also the grandma of a neighbour, who's dd comes over to play at our house a lot. And so things come a bit cloeser than usual.
Anyway, I can take her off my list for next week. She won't be needing physical therapy anymore.
Maybe I get the chance to say goodbye tomorrow morning, maybe she'll be gone already. I'm just a bit sad. It's a lovely, old lady and I've treated her since I started working there.
Godspeed, Nanna K.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• How sweet of you. I often wondered if the therapists who worked with my mom thought about her after she died. I hope so. You are truly special. My condolences.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well, you can still reach out to her during this time. Just to show you care, and to make those last few memories. So sorry about your loss.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 3:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry. It would be very hard working with patients who are near their end, because you can't help getting attached. This means you're good at your job!

Thinking of you and Nanna K.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I hope you get a chance to say goodbye to her. She was more then just a patient to you. Give the granddaughter a extra hug the next time you see her.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 3:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Sometimes you get so attached to clients! (((HUGS))) to you! When she passes I would definately send a note to the family to let them know who much you enjoyed her and I am sure THEM and just let them know that you care...nice sentament!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thanks ladies! I needed that
    Yes, I always send personal note. (Which reminds me to email the secretary ... we're out of condolence cards.)
    BeachMom81

Comment by BeachMom81 (original poster) at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010