If You Believe In ‘Balance’ (Adult!) adult content

I’ve read others on Cafemom who wrote about ‘balance.’ I can't remember which faith they followed, or even if they followed the same faith. But if you believe in balance, then what is your opinion of same-sex relationships? It seems to me that a same-sex relationship would be unbalanced in sex chromosomes, hormones, etc. What is your opinion and your faith?

And if you believe in balance, and support same-sex relationships, how do you reconcile this with your belief in balance?

flatlanderjenn

Asked by flatlanderjenn at 3:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe that there is balance to everything. You're fully understanding the concept though.

Yes, i am for same sex marriage. One persons beliefs should not effect someone else's rights.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry...you're NOT fully understanding the concept of balance.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• How do you know what a gay person's sex chromosomes & hormones are like?
    Anonymous

Women have estrogen and men have testosterone (except women do have a very small amount of testosterone, and I have more than usual because I have PCOS).

Women have an XX sex chromosome and men have an XY sex chromosome, until science proves otherwise.

flatlanderjenn

Comment by flatlanderjenn (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Balance is about an individual person and their beliefs.. not about a relationship.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 3:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Balance is more than chemistry or physics. Balance must first be found in one's self before it can be found in the rest of one's life, so if a person is happy & content with him/herself, then he/she is balance & can expand themselves to find balance in other areas of his/her life. Loving another person is one way to find balance in life. Complementing personalities, common interests & dreams all create a foundation for joy, peace, happiness & love. We are all capable of feeling & sharing these things, so why should it matter if we find them in someone of the same or opposite sex? If they complement us, then we have balance.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Some Taoists, from what I have learned, may view sam  relationships as unbalanced, but not all Taoists have the same beliefs and even so, I doubt a Taoist would be against samesex marriage for others, because most of them understand not everyone has the same beliefs as them, and each person must make their own choices in life.

.Lovemybabies.

Answer by .Lovemybabies. at 4:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Sorry, where it says sam relationships, it should say same sex relationships.

.Lovemybabies.

• There have been studies Ive read years ago where it found gays basically, didnt have balanced hormones. So, I would say its probably balanced in that way.

I do believe in a balance b ut I dont believe it has anything to do with where your heart leads you in the relationship dept. Something balances them out. Are you married? If so do you think your spouse balances you out in some ways? I know mine does. Where I have some weaknesses, he has those in strengths and vice versa.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

It's a common enough typo, I'm thinking Sam must be a really happy guy by now...

Balance is inside you - it's about being stable regardless of what's going on outside, and that would include relationships. Trying to manipulate it by engineering outside relationships to make it happen would be defeating the purpose (and not work).
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010