What is something you wish you knew how to do?

Is there a skill you wish you had? One that you have to rely on your husband to take care of for you? Or that you have to pay someone to do?

Or how about something that you learned how to do on your own AFTER you moved away from home? Something you're proud of learning?

Or lastly, what skills do you think are important for a woman to have that are out of the typical gender role?

MommaTurbo

Asked by MommaTurbo at 3:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Change the oil in my car. Enough people do it on their own, teach ME! :)
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• girl.. i wish so hard that i can learn how to cook for real.. i can throw a couple of stuff together but i REALLY wanna know how to COOK... like REALLY throw down and have people praise my cooking. one thing that i am proud of learning is how to dress properly lol. sad to say i have been mismatching and not coordinating for the last 21 years of my life
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I wish I knew how to drive a standard...I am sick of not being able to drive DH's car!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• EverydayMomma-that is definitely a big one! That, along with changing a tire are important IMO!!!

khmymommi-it surprises me how many women say they dont really know how to cook! Definitely a good skill to have!
    MommaTurbo

Comment by MommaTurbo (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Doing a tune up on da car. My dad was a mechanic n didn't think is was right for me to b outside w him. Very old fashioned! N I wish I knew how to drywall, tape n plaster. Same reason as above.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Wish I could bake a layered cake. I rely on my husband for fixing the vehicles and using the tractor. I think it is good for women (and men) to be problem solvers. To try and think before immediately asking for help.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 3:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I wish I could speak portuguese, i wish I could cook/bake something without always needing the recipe in front of me
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thanks for all the great ideas ladies! All are truly great skills we should all have!! I'm going to try to organize a "Life Skills" activity for the young women in my church with them all!
    MommaTurbo

Comment by MommaTurbo (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I wish I had more carpentry skills so that I didn't always have to rely on DH to do things in the house for me. I would also like to learn how to sew & knit so that I could make my own clothes, curtains, slipcovers, etc.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Algebra,car repairs, computer knowledge.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010