bladder problems after delivery

I had my 2cd child 10 days ago. I didnt experience this with my first but this time i'm having a hard time peeing and its been 10 days. When I do pee, it comes out very slow and i'm sitting on the toliet for a while to empty my bladder. Should I be concerned? Or talk to my doctor? Or is this something that should pass soon?

LovesHerKiddos

Asked by LovesHerKiddos at 3:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had this problem after my first & actually went to a bladder specialist bc I felt like I had to pee even though they did an ultrasound at the urology office and it was showing my bladder was empty. The doctor there told me after you give birth sometimes your path that the pee comes out of tilts and you have to lean foward when peeing for it to all come out and not feel like that, and yes it is slow lol.
    ProudMommyOH3

Answer by ProudMommyOH3 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You could be swollen. Give your body time to heal. I think its time to be concerned after some time. Also if you haven't peed or it's painful when you pee. Right now your body is still healing so I wouldn't worry.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree on giving your body time to heal. I had some issues too, I think mainly due to being cut during delivery. I do know that I have some issues with not being able to hold urine in now after my 4th delivery- I'm constantly running to the bathroom and need to ask my Dr. about that. ugh.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010