Quote - What Do You Think? Agree or Disagree?

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."
-G.K. Chesterton

(I've seen quotes only in the Religious Debate forum instead of the regular Religions & Beliefs, so I suppose I'm suppose to put my quote here.)

flatlanderjenn

Asked by flatlanderjenn at 3:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I like it.
    jkrout25

Answer by jkrout25 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• True enough.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Absolutely... I can see this fitting very well in the christian faith... :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I can see it, lol
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I swim against the stream all the time which is why I am not a loyal follower of any religion.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• agree, going with the crowd just for the sake of ease can really deaden your spirit!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I can see it. . . but also, there are times when it is appropriate to go with the stream--as long as you know why you are doing it. I don't understand people who feel the need to contradict what others are saying or doing, just because they are afraid of being part of the majority. I think that sometimes it takes just as much intelligence and courage to go with the flow, in other words, if that flow is heading in the right direction.  It takes intelligence and spirit to know what to do in varying situations--whether it means to flow with the stream, or swim against it.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 8:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Agree!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• agree, going with the crowd just for the sake of ease can really deaden your spirit! "
    "I swim against the stream all the time which is why I am not a loyal follower of any religion."

Both of these^^^^
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:31 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• agree
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:33 PM on Nov. 15, 2010