I have PCOS could i get pregnant?

I have been diagnoised with PCOS. I was told that I could not get pregnant until I loss some weight I have lost 40 lbs since then. I havent had a cycle since July and as of today I started. Do you think I should try and get pregnant in 5 days or wait until next month? We want to have another baby but just having problems doing so.

jkrout25

Asked by jkrout25 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you have started your cycle why wait? You may not get pregnant right away, but it doesn't hurt to try! I used OPK's but I never got a positive, even when I was ovulating so sorry no good advice here.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think yall should definately do away with birth control, and try every time you try, if you know what I mean. But yes you can have a baby. 2 of my friends had PCOS and did have 2 children each.
    Anonymous

• I havent been on birth control since my daughter was conceived. I see it if God wants us to have another child we will. But she is almost 3 and im ready for a baby. thanks so much for your input. I really hope we can get the ball going. A pregnancy would we a great surprise at christmas time.
    jkrout25

Comment by jkrout25 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have PCOS and got pregnant twice without any intervention. The 3rd time was not easy and I needed quite a bit of help. Just have fun and "practice" (as my grandmother called it) as much as you can to ttc. I would also see an ob who is also a reproductive endocrinologist or a fertility specialist if it isn't happening for you, even with the weight loss.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You can get pregnant with pcos with and without losing weight, when you have pcos it is harder to ovulate, sometimes losing weight will kick start you ovaries into working again. Good luck trying and have fun.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• PCOS has nothing to do with being able to get pregnant. I have never heard that. I have been preg 5 times and have it really bad. But losing weight does have it's way of putting a spring in your fertility!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Thanks so much ladies. I have bought some books to read threw also. I cant get into my OB until december so right now we just have to play it by ear. Hey what kind of Ovulation test does anyone prefer?
    jkrout25

Comment by jkrout25 (original poster) at 3:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010