When is a good time to create a baby registry?

And when would you tell people about it? I'm not really planning on having a baby shower, since this is the second time around, but I want people to know what we need.. and to give gift ideas if they're thinking about it? I'm 17 weeks, is that too early?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 3:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nope, get on it! :)
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Then, if you're not having a shower, I'd just tell people as they ask.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 3:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• When you know the gender.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• it might be to early if you put seasonal things on....stores change out what they have from time to time......I made one early with my first baby and alot of the stuff was no longer avaible......like the crib set was discountiued
    Becnfamily

Answer by Becnfamily at 3:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I started mine already and I am just 13 weeks and we haven't told anyone yet either. I will update it when we know the gender but at least I have it started while everything is fresh in my mind that we need or could use. I won't be having another baby shower either but I have family and friends that will still want to know what to get and it is easier to have a registry to they can pick something in their price range.
    Anonymous

• i registered once i found out what i was having, but i also am not having a baby shower because i live in a different state than my family.
    lcplkingswifey

Answer by lcplkingswifey at 3:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you are not having a shower. then make a list and show it to your friends and family
    Who know maybe one of them will throw you a baby shower
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• i am 7 weeks and did a baby reg at babys r us but than again we r going to be moving and going to be road trips to a few states for a baby shower in a few months and we have alot going on and im a first time mommy to be why not start now who cares i did lol and im wayyyyy early ha but we r not going to tell our families about it untill in good into the second trimester.
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 2:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010