snowsuit or jacket with blankets for your under 1yr old?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 3:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Neither. I buckle them in in their clothes and cover with blankets. As for walking around with them, I used the zip up bag without legs.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• For babies under 1 who are still in the infant car seat, it's best to buckle them in everyday clothes and cover them with blankets, because that way the car seat straps are close to their body. Once they are 1 and sit in the forward facing car seats, then I like the snowsuits. That way you don't have to worry about blankets slipping off them or falling to the ground when you are walking to your destination.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• In a carseat we don't use anything.  It's not safe to put them in with bulky jackets (that's any kind of carseat).  For a baby we put them in and cover them with their jacket or blankets.  When they were older they'd sit in the carseat with their jacket on backwards.  For the stroller it's a coat (if we had one, my 4mo doesn't have one) with blankets over them.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• With my first two we just had the clothes and a blanket over the baby, but I'm having another baby next month and this time I've got one of those car seat cover to go over an infant car seat to help keep the wind, snow, and rain off of them when transporting to and from the vehicle. It's nice because I don't have to worry about it falling off like a blanket, but it doesn't go under the straps like a snowsuit would.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• we use blankets and i do have a jacket when needed! i take her out of her carseat and put the coat on her and blankets and then we go into the house or where ever we are going! yeah its alot of work but it makes me feel better!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• regular clothing then blankets on top if needed...but the heater works great in our car so he rarely uses blankets either.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Just a jacket with a blanket over the lap, unless she was going to be out playing in the snow or doing a lot of outdoor walking. Those times, she wore a snowsuit.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I never had a snowsuit. I just used blankets.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:21 AM on Nov. 16, 2010