do you or did you use a walker with your little one?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 3:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• My Son had one, but He didn't use it for very long. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I used the exersaucer and a jumparoo. We walked her enough by hanging onto her hands or underarms.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I used one for 3 out of 4 of my kids and the one kid that went without the walker had a jumper that hung from the doorway
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• we had a walker but than we heard that it was dangerous because of the collapsible feature to store it away so we ended up returning it. she learned how to walk pretty fast though
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 3:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I never had a walker for any of my 5. They used the exersaucer and a doorway jumper.

Answer by missanc at 3:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Walkers r safe and they r great to have. So r baby swings! Those r really great. babies love them and parents do too.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes and they spent a lot of time in it. If I wanted to cook...walker they went. I had no stairs and a non collapsible walker. They were always either held, having tummy time, sleeping, or in the walker. They walked at 9 and 10 months.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We had one with our first 3.  We had hardwood floors throughout the house so the kids LOVED it.  The 3rd, though, didn't get to actually walk in it much.  Her older siblings would just push her around.  Of all the time the kids spent in it we had exactly 1 injury.  My son (#2) smashed his fingers while going through the kitchen door.  We didn't stop using it, he just learned to not put his hands on the outside of the walker.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My husband was afraid he'd have bowed legs (my husbands are a little) so we never used one. They say that doesn't cause it, but we just let him get started on his own. We don't have one for my daughter either.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• sure did
    Ericaca

Answer by Ericaca at 6:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010