do you give your little one friut everyday in the winter? if so what type do they like best?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 3:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I do more canned fruit in the winter like peaches, manderin oranges, mixed fruit and I use frozen(thawed) berries in pancakes and muffins
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My dau prefers fruits normally found in the summer months. I am able to find cantelope & grapes most of the time. I also get fruit cups of oranges w/ no sugar added. She does like apples too.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I use pineapple fruit cups ( he loves them) and peaches (which he also loves)
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We eat at least mostly fruit for snacks and then also with meals. He's not picky at all, so he eats whatever is in season - right now mostly grapes and apples. It's fun to go to the Farmer's Market and let him walk around looking at everything, tasting anything that any of the farmers have cut for samples.

Answer by missanc at 3:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• In the winter we have a lot of bananas, oranges, apples. I very rarely buy canned foods. We also have smoothies with frozen berries, mango, peaches.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My daughter isn't very picky about fruit. We eat what ever is in season. We just recently went to Apple Hill and we picked Black Berries and Raspberries, which I have divided into containers and frozen. I plan to use them in pancakes and with yogurt as her snack.
    Janneth

Answer by Janneth at 4:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Frozen fruit is every bit as good as fresh in my opinion (found in about every store like groceries and Walmart etc.) You can get blueberries, strawberries, etc. Yumm!!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Right now it is apples, bananas and grapes. In the summer it is more strawberries and watermelon. I love frozen fruit though, we use it all year long in smoothies and milkshakes.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 5:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Apples, bananas, peaches, grapes, oranges ... whatever I find at a good price! And yes, fruit nearly every single day!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We all eat fresh fruit in the winter. We eat bananas, oranges,etc. I will not buy canned fruit b/c it is mostly sugar. 

Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010