how offten did you have your little ones picture taken (at a studio)before the were 1yr ? If you have more then one child did you do the same for all of them?

Becnfamily

Asked by Becnfamily at 3:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I started taking her at 3 months and went every month. They change so much in the first year. I didn't pay much either since I got to Walmart and they always have a package for 30+ pictures for under $8
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My first son had his done every 2 months about- 6 wks, 2 mos, 4 mos...
    My second son has had his pics taken twice (he's 2.5)
    And our baby only once (he's 1)
    My firstborn was definitely spoiled- or I just learned that taking pics at home work just as well! :)
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Maybe once.  My oldest had pictures done at 7 months and 10 months.  My 2nd didn't have any until his 1st birthday.  My 3rd had some done at 3 months and was in a photo with her big sister at 8 months.  My 4th had group shots done at 6 months with her siblings.  My youngest is 4 months and has only had the photos done at the hospital (which weren't the typical laying in the bed with the mottled paper background, they were really nice looking ones).  All of the other ones my older kids had were in conjunction with family pictures (where we took a family pic and then got individual ones of the baby) except for my oldest's 7mo pictures which we went to get just of her.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My daughter had her pic professionally taken every month of her first year...it's so cute to see how she changed from one month to the next. After her 1 year pics, then Christmas, then her 2 year pic....and she will have her pic taken again this Christmas. I have barely any pics from my childhood and I didn't want her to feel the same way I do.

BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My friend always gives me slack because my ds is 23 months and my dd is 6 months and I haven't taken them to get their pix professionally taken. I don't like them. They always look staged and fake and I much prefer the candid ones we take. Plus they're really expensive. I remember my first daughter, now a teen who got her school pix done every year and we paid for them, but they were never as nice as the ones we just took ourselves.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 4:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• We went at about 3 weeks old, 4 months for family Christmas pics, 5 months with grandparents for three generation pic, 6 months with my mom and grandma for 4 generation pic, then at one year.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Every 3 mo for th e most part with all of them,..now about every year
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:07 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• thanks to my sons father being a total jerk,loser,idiot,dumb ass,etc. my son only had his pictures taken one time in a studio....it was for christmas.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2010