$100 for christmas

I have 3 boys one girl the boys are 15 12 and 9 my daughter is 13 I have so many things I need for them and I always try to get them for christmas like they need shoes coats and hats, and clothes they have holes in them,and I would love to get them some goodies but I dont know how I can do this. Should I try to ask for help or do without? I have an angel tree and sub for santa but I feel embarrased even thinking of asking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• Don't feel like that ask. U can go to second hand stores or thrift stores for clothes if u need to.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Never feel embarrassed about asking for help. That's why it's there.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Don't be. Ask! It may not be nice, but it'll be worth it. (I know what it's like. If you want to , mail me.)
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have been out of work for a month and have been asking for help, never feel ashamed, Christmas is not about what you get or where you get it, it is about the love of family and being together. God bless you and your family, you are in my prayers.
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 4:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• try going to your family first and then try others but don't be ashamed
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 4:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Don't feel embarrassed about asking for help... It's out there for families who need it...
    There are many orgs, that help families, such as the Salvation Army, and local Churches

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• asking for help is not a sign of weakness so don't ever feel bad doing it. I agree with the above. try second hand stores. Also go to freecycle.org and search for a group in your area. it is a yahoo group that people use to give away anything they want to get rid of for free. You can also ask for things from it. We have gotten a lot of great things from our local group!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My dear, I've found some of the most amazing clothes with tags mind you at the Goodwill but don't spend the $100 of xmas money for things they need, the holidays is to get them stuff they want or, tell them guess what guys....we're going to _______ as the families xmas present.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• You can get help anonymously. Call around your area and find out what organizations are doing "angel trees" etc. They can have someone adopt your whole family and no one will know, other than the worker taking your information. I know it's hard, but try to put your feelings aside and call now to get your names on a list. The $100 you have can be split by children and find out what they want by having them list a cpl of things and then pick the least expensive. Next year, try to put aside money each pay period even if it's just a couple of dollars or as much as you can. Also, teach and celebrate the true meaning of Christmas, taking away the guilt over not going crazy with spending.
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I honestly don't blame you for feeling bad but ur kids are old enough to understand christmas may not happen this year teach them what it's really about as for them being in need for things just keep saving tax season is coming and you'll be able to buy more you can either teach them to go w/o this xmas or get them little things
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 5:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010