Is it okay? adult content

For about six months now, my hubby moved out of our bedroom and started sleeping on the couch in the living room, even in the day time too!when it happened initially, I was pregnant then and we had a row,shortly we reconciled but he still refused to sleep with me. for about two months now, we had sex just once. I have asked him if there was any problem and why he's not sleeping in our bedroom, he gave one flimsy reason.I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• what was his flimsy reason?
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• sounds like he is cheating to me
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Sounds like he wants out but is waiting to see if you say it first.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• go to marriage couseling
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I wonder if you said something that hurt him so deeply he can't get passed it. This is very unusual behavior for a loving husband. I would think back to the "row" and try to recall exactly what I may have said to him that could have caused this kind of change in behavior. It is easy to believe that men don't have feelings, but they surely do, and they have a much harder time expressing their hurt than do women. Their typical reaction is simply to pull away, and that sounds very much like what has happened to your marriage. If you think of anything at all, I would apologize profusely and ask for his forgiveness, promising to try to make it up to him any way I could. I might even be contrite enough to go and sleep on the floor next to the couch, just to show him I wanted to be where he was and to bridge the distance between us.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Maybe he feels he might hurt you and the baby while in bed together oh and some men don't like having sex while their wives are pregnant tbc some feel they are hurting the baby (like maybe poking it on the head...lol) GL Oh
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Most men are cowards! It seems like he's trying to do stuff to make YOU back out of the marriage so it doesn't look like it's his fault. Try this...come home one day and say "honey...I love you and I know we have this wonderful new baby but it's obvious that you no longer want to be with me, so it's okay, let's just cut our losses and move on...make this as painless for everyone..." and see what he says. If he agrees, then you know your answer, if he doesn't then you'll get a reaction.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 4:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I might even be contrite enough to go and sleep on the floor next to the couch, just to show him I wanted to be where he was

Oh My God, this is going way too far!
    even for you NannyB

Anonymous

• Marriages take a lot of work. Both husband and wife have to put effort into making it last. And frankly most people just dont take their vows seriously which is sad. I'm so tired of women telling other women to just leave their husbands, or your husband is cheating on you, or hit him upside the head and make him straighten up... For goodness sakes, ladies, why would you encourage a woman to leave her husband rather than cling to him and do everything possible to make the marriage successful? Original Poster- do not let bitter, man hating women tell you to leave him or tell you he's cheating. You go talk to your husband- he's the only one that can truly give you advice on what to do in your marriage. And yes, if you end up sleeping next to him on the couch, it's okay! That's what wives are supposed to do. He is your husband- put time and effort into it. Good luck. And pray. Ask God to be the foundation of your marriage.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• His flimsy reason was that he's more comfortable on the couch,he has a back ache each time he sleeps on the bed. I have asked him if he wants me out, he said that he wouldn't give me any money if I leave.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010