Are you fearful of this HUGE deficit and the runaway inflation they are warning of?

Are you stocking up or doing anything in case the economy crashes?

mommerbean

Asked by mommerbean at 4:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't stockpile because of the economy, I do it because it makes sense no matter what state the economy is in. It's just a nice side effect that we will be far less impacted by inflation than the people who plan their meals out with no thought to what things cost or what they already have each week and then get fast food half the time anyway.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have a small stash..but I normally do anyway
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Like the others, my husband and I ALWAYS plan for "rainy days!" We have NEVER lived beyond our means, and are forever looking for good deals on whatever we buy. It really should be common sense! :o) If things were to bottom out, we're prepared and have plans in place to be self-sufficient indefinitely.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• At any given time, I could probably go for a month without shopping- except for perishables, of course. We'll be ok, I'm sure. We always are.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It is a concern, and I'm not stockpiling, but we could probably live for a month on the food that's in the house.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 7:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, I'm very concerned. I'm not doing major stockpiling, but I am keeping an eye on my pantry.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 8:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I prepare for the unexpected and try to have backup plan.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you looked in my pantry and freezers you would think I lived through the depression...not my Mamo's! They taught me well! I have a year or so's supply of food..not counting things like fresh fruit/veggies, milk, eggs, butter and such. I am adding some additional sugar, flour, yeast, tea and coffee. Tea and coffee are must haves and if bread goes up much more..I'll be making it all not buying.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I stock piel as best as I can btut I do not have alot of storagespace.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 5:20 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I have a freezer that stays stocked but I don't really have room to stockpile any staples nor do I have the funds to do it. I wish I did. We keep things stocked up for hurricane season but I do believe inflation will come and it's going to be nasty.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:15 PM on Nov. 15, 2010