Anxious about Child Number 2..

For mother os more than one..or expecting number 2. Were you more anxious about giving birth and raising ur first or ur second? with my son I was calm and collected. I knew I could do it and I was confident even tho it was my first child. I had alot of support from my mom. WIth this baby I still have every support from my mom but I feel anxious to have this new baby in a 2 weeks or less. idk something about this pregnancy has totaly thrown me for a loop. I am neverous about labor/delivery, scared about coming home..idk maybe its because now I will have two..and two is much harder than one (especially when 1 is a 2.5 year old). So which one were u more anxious with?

SweetPoison

Asked by SweetPoison at 4:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I'm more anxious now, with my third... with my second i was a little more anxious bc i felt one of them would be lacking the attention and love i could give, but after I had her i realized it wasn't true. There is plenty of room in your life and heart for two babies :) my six year old (oldest daughter) is still my baby!!
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 1:08 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i am 7 months preg with my 2nd child..i was devastated. i am a little scared. every pregnancy is different. i just cant wait until it's over. i am anxious but its truly something i did not expect.
    KheiyahIsLife

Answer by KheiyahIsLife at 9:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I was nervous mostly about my second. Worried i couldnt give my 2 yr old enough attention he desired. I had a lot of premature labor complications with both pregnancies. So it was hard being on strict bed rest with my son, and their father working all the time. I am now expecting my 3rd and my daughter is only six months old. So the last 2 will be a little over a year apart. So as you can see, I am MOST nervous and scared about this one coming. My children need my attention, even more so my daughter at that stage in life, but we will all figure out how to manage and cope, and adapt to being mother's to more than 1 baby. We will do great :) We also have to remember not to over stress it. The deed id done, now enjoy the time being pregnant before the baby is actually here! :D Good luck to all the mama's of multiples! and doubles :D
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 1:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• im anxios for my baby number five im having a boy and cant wait
    shelly2226

Answer by shelly2226 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• my first successful pregnancy was twins so we never had just one. I wasn't too nervous with them until my water broke at 31 weeks. The next pregnancy I was afraid the entire time of going into labor early even though it was just one baby and my premature labor was a twin issue. I was also really nervous about having a new baby and 2 toddlers! It has been difficult at times but she was a pretty easy baby. We are now expecting number 4 and for some reason the only thing I'm worried about is finding someone to watch all the other kids when I go into labor!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I was anxious with my first baby because it was a long labor. With the second, I waited till the last minute to go to the hospital and I felt a whole lot better since I knew the exact due date of the baby and the tests were totally accurate. I also went to a hospital that was closer to me so I didn't have to travel far to get there either.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• scared out my mind right now. i'm with my second... at times i feel like i won't be able to handle 16-18 month old and a newborn.
    tristanjsmom

Answer by tristanjsmom at 3:07 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• My first. My second prenancy I had twins. By then I was ok with it
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I now have a 3-year-old, and a 4 month old. And yeah, it's tricky caring for two. While your heart easily expands to include another child, unfortunately the hours in the day stay exactly the same.

At first I went crazy trying to figure out what to do when both kids were crying for me at once...but we've all gotten used to having to share our time. At lot of times one kid just has to wait...the kids adjust, and eventually you stop feeling guilty for not being able to grow more arms.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:03 PM on Nov. 16, 2010