DECIDED TO GO ORGANIC!!!! WOOOO!!

nervous though because i don't know the challenges and what nots of being an organic eater. does anyone have advice?

khmymommi

Asked by khmymommi at 4:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• Yes, i do have advice. Some foods are barely sprayed at all. Local blueberries for instance, have a natural pesticide on them (that couldyness on the skin of the berry is what keeps bugs from eating it" so RARELY are blueberries ever sprayed. Most companies are not allowd to label them "organic" because they might not meet all the strict requirements in order to put the organic label on it, but lots of stuff is grown with no pesticedes OR fertilizer.

Pretty much, you don't need to buy everything in the organic section to eat organic. Also, avocado's are so hard when on the tree, that bugs cannot get into them at all. So, they are also not sprayed. You can eat lots of "unorganic" foods that are really organic, but lacking a label on the package. It's expsnsive to go through the whole organic act & get a label for your produce. Do some research on what is highly sprayed & what isn't sprayed at all. That is my advice...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm partially organic, i don't know the pros but I know one of the cons is it's much more expensive lol
    Dark-N-Prego

Answer by Dark-N-Prego at 4:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Have a very well paying job...
    Anonymous

• I just want to say congrats to you. I eat organic when I can afford it. The food tastes so much better.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 4:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• cloudiness!
    samurai_chica

• Good luck to you.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010