why can't i get pregnant

i been tryin to have a baby for at least a year now and havent been able too... am i doing something wrong??? is something wrong with me???

mrs.alcocer

Asked by mrs.alcocer at 4:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• Has your husband had a sperm count done? One of my relatives had tons of tests done and they should have started with testing the husband. He did not have a high enough sperm count. Just one idea.........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I tried to get pregnant for like a year and started to think that i could not have a baby but then one day I decided to try on my period and i did it everyday while on my period and it worked and so i found out the only way i can get preggo is on my period. have you had birth control at all?
    shelly2226

Answer by shelly2226 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes, i was once on birth control ''shot'' but that was 4 years ago i believe and i only got it 3 to 4 times and i would get it every 3 months.... then on january i started takin the birth control pills but jus for a month then stoped.... and when you had sex on your period did you do it as soon as you started or when you were finishing??
    mrs.alcocer

Comment by mrs.alcocer (original poster) at 4:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I tried for about a year with my son and ended up getting pregnant on the second day of my period.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• The shot is a BAD birth control. &&can cause infertility
    KBM99

Answer by KBM99 at 5:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• go have both you and your hubby get tested, it could be one of you or even both of you, good luck
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 5:33 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would go to the dr to figure things out. There are so many things that can hinder pregnancies.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• A healthy couple takes a year and a half to conceive. 50% of fertility problems are due to bad sperm. So maybe you both need to be tested.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If you have been trying for a year (keeping track of ovulation ect) I would go to the doctor at this point.
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 7:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree, go and see your doctor and get both you and DH tested... also, you might ask him to refer you to a fertility specialist. I have heard once or twice, that taking St. John's Wort increases the chance of fertility in women.... hope this helps!
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 11:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010