Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6 Bumps

My ex is crazy, need help with restraining order

My EX beat me up on 10/24/10 and I got a restraining order he is not to be within one block of my house and he has been staying with neighbors drinking and fighting and I am scared he will come for me, should I call the cops and tell them everything or do you think they will think I am being a bitch, the cops took 45 minutes to get here the night he beat me up. I am scared if I turn him in he will come back again and really hurt me

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (15)
  • CALL!!!!! that is what the restraining order is for! Call, you need to protect yourself. If you have kids you need to protect them. If they are taking so long drive to the station and tell them you are in fear for your safety!!

    Answer by zakityzak at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • you should go to the court office and get a restraining orrder then

    Answer by shelly2226 at 4:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • if i were you, i'd talk to the police and tell them your concerns,i wouldn't worrie if they thought i was a bitch or not.your scared and they need to know that! As for your ex, I'd avoid him at all costs, and if it were me I'd have some sort of protection in my house since it took them 45 min. to get there last time. Thats pretty scarey!

    Answer by anichols1 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • you MUST call the police each and every time he violates the order. in most states, the police are REQUIRED to arrest in a domestic violence situation. you can get help and information here:

    Answer by LeahJ at 4:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • You HAVE TO CALL because you are also in violation of the RO if you know he is breaking it and you fail to report and if he does come after you and you knew he was there then his lawyer can use it against you saying you were not as in fear for your safety than you originally stated because you failed to report him in violation of the RO. It can become a bad deal for you so you need to report ASAP!

    Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 5:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • Call call call. this can be a very dangerous situation, good luck

    Answer by meagan678 at 5:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • I have not seen him, others are telling me he is around

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • If you call the cops they will come and arrest him. Your call. If you are scared I would do it. He knows he is not to be that close to you.

    Answer by Shines3 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • Unfortunately, you can't do anything now until he shows up. If you see him near your property or your body call the cops. I know you don't feel safe, girl I have been there. You have taken the right steps to get him out of your life. Be strong and maybe contact some battered woman's groups in your area they can offer you assistance in the matter and give you some support to make you feel less afraid. Good Luck.

    Answer by MissV1974 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • Yes I'd call so they can be watching out for him.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.