How can anyone be tolerant of injustice and unfairness?

Someone made a comment about those who are in favor of homosexuality being intolerant of those who oppose, so then please answer how can someone be tolerant of injustice, discrimination and unfairness????
Aside from Biblical views some of you hang on to, don't you also see the injustice, and discrimination?

Asked by older at 4:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Religious Debate

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I like your question and I would like you to share with me how you think they are recieving an injustice. I want you to help me understand your POV-I am sincere. I do not vote, so that means, I do not vote against either.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I think you can like someone as a person but not like there lifestyle and thats not unfair or discrimitaion.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I ADMIT!

I admit to being intolerant to ignorant, unfair people...sorry I'm not perfect...lol.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• is there an reprecussion in having this disease? Yes , the child make get teased, stared at , pitied ect. ( people and children can be cruel) This is unfair and injust.
    Doesn't matter how it is all sliced. There will be unfairness and Injustic. Should they become unfair and injust toward us... no but some people are!
    I hope I am making sense. Its hard to type it all out in words lol
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I believe that homosexuals should have the same rights as heterosexual couples. But I understand that some don't. Why? Because not everyone sees it as you do.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Older: It has to do with choice ( forget that people are born like this at the moment ok?) . When we make a choice there will be some kind of repercussion... good and bad . its like that with everything.
    Here is an example, lets take someone who decides to live the lifestyle of an adulteress. The choice this person makes will affect everyone around them. What is going to happen? It hurts the marriage, hurts the family.. not only the adulteress's family but the person they committed adultery with, their family is affected as well. It causes a ripple affect, it is unfair and unjust for both sides of the family.
    It is a result of that choice.
    Ok now let's take someone who was born with CP ( cerebral palsy). The person was born this way because something went wrong in the womb.. was it the mother's fault? That depends on how well she cared for herself . So lets say she did take care of herself well. Continued...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• homosexual lifestyle hurts no one...

says a mother who's accepted her daughter's orientation. what about a parent who can't? or won't? and it has nothing to do with religion? what about hopes/dreams for their children? as a parent of one, can you honestly say you were always thrilled with the life your daughter chose to pursue outwardly, knowing the hardships she would face, because of people who didn't/wouldn't accept it? i think what shaneagle was trying to explain was there are not always great and nice things that happen, to anyone, whether its in-born or personal choice. and because there are always other people connected to that person, there are others that suffer injuctice and discrimination, along with the actual person. oh, sure, it may not be as directly affected, but its there. we're all connected..no man or woman, gay or straight, is an island. the plight is shared by those close to the individual, as well.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I guess I would agree with Jenaiko01. It's a very hard thing to do for anyone. Maybe it's something that comes with age and understanding, but yet, I do see older folks doing the same thing. I'm not real sure on this one, but it's a great question!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I respect the fact that you are are active in what you find passionate. You are very courageous for helping those youths and I am genuinely sad about the suicide issues. I do think you have great points. Thanks for sharing. :) This caught my attention too :

"heck they even get less money when discharged, than their heterosexual counterparts, they fight for our country just like the others but get shafted for it?"
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 5:36 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yep, I also am intolerant.....of bigotry and discrimination. I admit it, I do NOT like bigots....there....I said it.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010