Infant feeding, when to start ceral and how many times a day

Infant feeding, when to start cereal and how many times a day.

NaTilde

Asked by NaTilde at 1:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I started at 3 1/2 - 4 months with 5 tablespoons of cereal mixed with 6 ounces of formula twice a day (breakfast and dinner) and now at almost 6 months we are giving her baby food 2-3 times a day, a full jar for breakfast lunch and dinner, and offer her a bottle afterward if she is still hungry, and give her bottles throughout the day in between feedings.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I started feedin my daughter cereal and rice at four months. When she was 5 or 6 months I added some baby food in with the cereals. I fed her that once or twice a day.
    Yungmom_17

Answer by Yungmom_17 at 1:45 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My doctor told me not to until he was 6 months, so I waited till then. Once a day. However, he didn't much like it, so we went on to other babyfood within a few days! After he got better at eating babyfood ( I guess within about 2 weeks) we started feeding him babyfood twice a day.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 3:49 PM on Nov. 5, 2008