Right to choose.

So if you are pro-choice for abortion are you also pro-choice for all other parenting issues? Formula vs. Breast, circ vs. intact, C-sec vs. vag. Or is it once they decide to have the kid they have to play by your rules.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I believe its a very good questions. pro-choice on everything. I research alot of things before making any decision but parenting doesn't come with a manual. to each their own. happy parenting to all!
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am prochoice on all of it. I'm not about to tell other women how to live, and I appreciate the same respect from them.

For myself, I would never have an abortion, I tried breastfeeding but it didn't work, my son is circumsized, and unfortuanately the one I didn't get a choice about was having him by c-section. This is my life, and these were the decisions that were right for me. It doesn't mean they are right for everyone.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 5:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am pro-life, but after the baby is born it's the parents choice on how to raise their children.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:31 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am Pro-Life and I believe that parents have the choice to parent how they want to parent and that includes birthing techniques, feeding, diapering, everything. But I'm still Pro-Life forever.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It has always been fascinating to me how nasty some people can get about families who have many children (Duggars, even Octomom, and those with 4+ kids). Many of those same women are pro-choice until you have the baby, then it is "stop having babies!"
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am very firmly pro-life, but I'm not going tell anyone how to raise their child. There are certain things I think are the better route, for numerous reasons, but I will only give that if I am asked for an opinion, and will never shove it down someone's throat. It is there choice as to how to parent, and that goes for birth, feeding, vacs, everything.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Pro-choice on everything. You live your life, I will live mine. I am strongly pro-choice on ALL b/c I do not NEED nor WANT the govt into my personal life. As for the Duggars.....I really do not care who many kids they have. Their business.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Pro-CHOICE for all of the above.

I make my decisions, and another parent will make their decisions. If they are unsure and want my opinion, I'll share it. If not, I respect that it's their choice, whether it's the same as my choices or not. I don't think there's anything wrong with any of the choices above even if I have my own personal preferences. Plus, sometimes you don't always get to do what you choose to do anyway--I am pro natural birth--no pain meds (for myself) and had a c-section after a long labor because my son's head was tilted in a way that I couldn't push him out after two hours of trying. I also chose to breastfeed, but only had the supply to keep it up a few months. I think all of these things are a decision for the parents to make with their doctors--none of these things need to be decided for us by the government.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, I am pro-choice although I doubt that I would ever have an abortion --because its just my choice.I don't tell anyone what to do. I make my own decisions and you should too.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:00 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Your kids - Your choices... Not mine.

The ONLY time I feel differently is in cases of abuse or neglect... If you choose to have and keep the child, I do feel it is your responsibility to care for it. If your choices fall in to the category of abuse or neglect, then someone does need to step in for the child, but on general subjects like you have there - yes, it's completely your choice.

Do I have my own opinions on things? Yep! Very strong opinions on some of them, but it all comes down to the fact that it's your child & as long as you aren't hurting them, you can parent the way you choose to.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2010