Should I be concerned about this type of sexualized play between boys? adult content

My 4 year old sometimes touches his 2 year old brother's penis or pinches his butt(we are potty training so he spends a lot of time nude from the waist down). He also has discovered my husbands Maxim magazine and has been hiding the fact that he reads them. I mean he's only 4 but I want to make sure this is just exploration and not something I should be careful of. Plus I don't know the proper way to deter it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He needs to learn to keep his hands to himself, privates or no privates.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• what Misteh said. And I would not let him see those magazines. Keep them somewhere where he cant find them.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 5:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would've freaked out ! :) but you need to start teaching the oldest well both to keep their hands to themselves for me thats not appropriate at all....
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• hes also too young to be viewing those magazines ... in m y opinion
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 5:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• If he's reading Maxim magazines at 4 years old then you should be happy you have a genius on your hands.
    Tell your husband to put his stuff away.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 5:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• He does NOT need to be viewing those magazines. He's a child and I would be very concerned that he is already becoming desensitized to those images. Like others said, he needs to keep his hands off the little one. I would also be talking to him about why he does it. Maybe he is seeing more then the magazines, maybe stuff on television that he shouldn't be viewing too!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Your son is READING Maxim magazine, is playing with his brother's penis and pinching his butt..... either this is a troll or you're just a very lax (for lack of a better word I WOULD have used) parent to allow Maxim magazine out where your kids can get to it. You must have a super genius for your kid to be geniunely reading that. Also, maybe if he wasn't mimicking the actions he saw you wouldn't have a problem.

Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 7:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Got to agree my troll rader is going off.
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 7:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Definitely not a troll. He doesn't actually read the articles...he's 4. He looks at the pictures and says he wants to be just like his daddy. I think the sexy woman half naked are curious to him. I told him that woman are so beautiful that men want to look at them all the time and that is why they are in the magazine. Its part of their job to look pretty. I think he gets it. I don' think that his behavior is related to what he sees in the magazin though. there is no sexual act or even suggestion to it. He seems to just be playing around. I know it sounds weird and i do tell them all the time to keep their hands to themselves and that their bodies are private. I just wasn't sure if this was a normal stage of learning or not. seems most of you think not. I think he mimics me when I say "what a cute little tush!" and pinch it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• That seams like a rough thing to go threw. I think it is just a curiousness thing. But i do think you need to talk to him about it and if it doesnt get better talk to your doc. Maybe someone is touching him.
    sara_bru2000

Answer by sara_bru2000 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010