Color ideas for baby-to-be's room

My husband and I just found out we are expecting and want the gender to be a surprise. I want to make the bedding, but am having a very hard time putting together a color pattern. I know I want to do a musical theme (musical notes, pianos, etc). Anybody have any suggestions for a gender neutral color pattern I could use? I am open to any and all ideas. Also, if you know of any good fabrics and where I could get them, I would love to know. Thank you very much!

Arielles_Mommy

Asked by Arielles_Mommy at 5:55 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• a light green like a mint green or something like that
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I absolutely LOVE like a soft, pewter blue color. It'd be mainly silvery grey with a hint of light blue. Beautiful! And you could stencil tiny white stars all over or on one accent wall. Oh cute! lol.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Black and White. with a pop of color, Red! Newborn Babies see best with high contrast colors i believe! I love Joannes Fabric they have a lot of great sales through out the year!
    I think of black and white when i remember reading music sheets in school!
    LadyofIvory

Answer by LadyofIvory at 6:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would have to say hughes of grey, yellow, cream, and green looked AMAZING when Genevive did it on HGTV. It was for a nursery/guest room and I was blown away by the end result. I think black and white is a classic look that will outlast themey rooms!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 6:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Black and white with red as your accecent colour. My daughter used Mac-N-Cheese colour on the walls and polka dots on all the fabrics when she was expecting. My grandson loves looking at all the colours in his room!
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I agree with the others...if you do black/white musical notes, red would be perfect!!! If you dont want to paint the entire room red...do the bottom red and the top white, with the musical notes, etc....you could throw a black or white stripe on the bottom as well. GL and congrats!!!
    MegClayton

Answer by MegClayton at 3:29 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Find the fabrics you like best first (either a set of bedding or window treatments or fabric from which these will be made).

Once you find these, you will have your colors.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:45 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• A light gray
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:56 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Mint green
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:32 PM on Nov. 17, 2010