eating feta cheese while pregnant

I've been craving a macaroni salad my hubby bought at stop and shop I wonder if its safe to eat

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 5:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if it is pasteurized then it is fine, it should say on the container.
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• yes. I'd only worry about imported cheese. Mostly likely the source is American

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• What makes you think you can not eat that?

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't know if its pasturized we got it from the deli
    bxmommy2be

Comment by bxmommy2be (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• All cheese manufactured in the U.S. is required to be pasteurized, as far as I am aware. Pasteurized cheese should be fine, so long as it is not expired and has been stored well in a clean fridge.

This is why they don't recommend eating soft cheeses from restaurants. You don't know how it has been stored or where it came from.

I don't feel like there's a real set answer to this. Sorry :-( Maybe you could call and ask them if their cheese is imported and/or pasteurized?
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 6:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• should be safe, most cheese they sell in supermarket are pasteurized. Just don't buy any from the farmer's market they might be not pasteurized.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• as a nutritionist eating any cheese is not good b/c cheese is made from cows milk and it carries a lot of parasites and the longer you let it sit and ferment (which is the process the milk goes thru to make the cheese) the more parasites multiply in the food. cheese causes mucous build up in the body and can make it harder for you to breathe the further you get in your pregnancy
    KheiyahIsLife

Answer by KheiyahIsLife at 9:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Im sure it ok
    HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2010