any advise///ideas for long distance relationship and how to keep the love alive???

we talk each day on the phone for 2 hours conversation ideas on how to keep love alive,, funny things to discuss to get some good laughs things we can do to epres ourselves and keep the conversation alive. God subjects to have good conversations bout-looking for good ways to break the ice.... Seem at times we talk about same things I want to spice it up a little.. Any ideas!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• I really don't have any advice for you.  It was the passion between us that kept my long distance relationship (with my now dh) alive and all we had was snail mail or very expensive overseas phone calls.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:04 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would not allow somebody else 's bad experience deter me. I have found long distance relationship to work in some instances. I you just have to do what you have to do to keep the romance alive. Both of you must be dedicated to the relationship and hopefully the long distance will not be an indefinite thing. It give you the opportunity to really take time and get the know the person. As well sex in not a barrier for you to really let your hair down and be yourself. In my opinion sex too quickly gets in the way of so many relationships and it ends before you can get to know the person....of course you must be careful because of lies that you cannot prove because you cannot see him daily, but the way I see it. Men will lie if they are with you or away from you.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Question? How long has this long distance relationship been going for? In my personal experience, I have had a long distance relationship and when the fire fizzles it's time to find you a body close to home. Relationships such as these tend to be fun and interesting because you tend to have a lot to discuss being you haven''t seen the individual on a daily basis, but trust me honey if he's not getting what he needs from you he is getting it elsewhere. Read Steve Harvey's book "Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man" it will do nothing but reitify your feelings and if you haven't already figured this out for yourself it will open your eyes.
    MissV1974

Answer by MissV1974 at 6:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Personally I would talk with him less so the quality of the conversations stay fresh and you don't burn out.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My friend had a long distance relationship, and they lived on "Skype"!!
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 7:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• dh and i meet in 9th grade in 10th grade he moved with his family from la to chicago. we didnt speak for the first yr. on my bday after he moved i got my first letter. we wrote snail mail for along time then email. we only spoke about 2 times a yr.  2 yrs after they moved i visited to chicago. we traded off visiting each other and we texted alot once we got our own cell phones that we paid for. we got together in 99 and in 06 we got married. so if u were truely in love with ur partner then u will work on it.

knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:23 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• it sounds odd but if you let a little time go inbetween then you'll have new things to talk about. Or start watching the news and bring up topics you see on tv. i have heard of people bringin up the steam on skype.
    firewife1

Answer by firewife1 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 14, 2010