Do you enjoy life everyday?

You never know when it's going to end. A 17 month old baby girl from my playgroup was killed by a drunk driver. They were hit last night and she died this morning. My son is with his dad this evening but I can't wait to see him and just hold him. This is the kind of thing people tend to think it won't happen to them. But it does happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• That is terrible!!!!!!!!!!! so sorry to hear this! you are so right we never know when it will be our turn so you got to live day by day your best. What a shame that baby didn't get to enjoy hers/his.

Answer by older at 6:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Honestly, no I don't enjoy life every day. Some days I'm stressed out of my mind. Do I love my daughter every day? Yes. Do I worry about accidents in the car? Yes. So I protect her the best I can when it comes to being on the roads with strangers. My daughter is almost 2 1/2 and still rearfacing. I can't control others and I know this...so I do control the conditions in my car to the best of my knowledge and in my house with gates and baby proofing.

I'm so very sorry about that baby...so sad. I hope that drunk driving goes to jail for a long long time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I enjoy life each day. We're constantly telling our kids, "I love you" and before they leave to go anywhere, school, play, whatever, they hug and kiss us. Each day is full of love and joy in our family.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• OMG so sorry. That is so sad. No mother should ever experience this.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• How very sad. My best friend lost her son to similar circumstances. To answer your question, I do not enjoy life everyday. Wish I did.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No I dont enjoy life everyday because horrible things like that happen to people everyday. I have even experienced just like others pain and loss. I do need to try more to appreciate what I do have more.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I enjoy life everyday because I enjoy life...not because of loss or pain or horrible incidents I read in the news often. I think that these reasons should not be the reason one should enjoy life!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 7:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• That's terrible! My heart goes out to that family! Although I certainly have my days where I am frazzled, on the whole I do enjoy each day... I am very fortunate to have my three wonderful kids and there is nothing else I would rather be doing with my life!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:29 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do try, and I am very good about counting my blessings.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I try as best as I can I tell my girls several times a day that I love them..Always before I drop them off at school in the morning and in the car ride home or when we get home..
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 12:42 PM on Nov. 15, 2010