Is it possible to learn a language as you teach it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in

• How do you teach a language you don't know??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My thoughts exactly Adelicious..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would assume it depends on what materials you would use.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't think so. There would be too many variables of questions that others would ask that you wouldn't know. Heck, I'm fairly proficient at my 2nd language and still get a lot of questions where I have to look up an answer (luckily this is at home, with my kids, not teaching someone else's.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• No and it's impossible to teach a language that you can't speak yourself. Think of all the people who speak English....how many of them could actually teach it? Languages are not easy to learn. Maybe if you want to only teach the absolute most basic level, BUT you won't even know the accent or the proper pronunciation of the word....how would you possibly teach this language?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would think you have to know the language in order to teach it. I wouldn't want someone who didn't know the language to teach it to my kid or me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• As with any subject, I would want to be proficient in it before teaching it.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• I think it may be possible. If your good with languages, but what if you get stuck? You would really need to be at least a week or two of the class.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010