i just hate it when people ask how much you paid for something? and then they constantly say thats too much money i wouldnt spend that much. as if they are trying to make me feel bad about spending money. what do you call that?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Shopping

• LOL yeah jealousy and nosey. If they continuously ask, and it's the same person or people, start saying What does it matter what I paid for it? If they want to buy it, they can figure it out for themself.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Jealousy
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I say, tell them, "oh....then I'm glad I didn't get one for YOU."....not mean or anything, but I think they would get the hint?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I only ask that question when it is something I would be considering to buy myself, and if the price is high and a "Holy crap that's a lot of money!" slips out it is only because I couldn't spend that much. I am in a pretty crappy financial situation right now and so I can definately agree with the above ladies that jealousy is a big part of why someone might act that way. Lucky for me, I just finished school and will have a new career soon, so hopefully I won't have to be so envious anymore LOL
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 7:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I had a friend who did that too. Drove me nuts. If I paid $2, she paid $1. She got an extra 10% off at Krogers, but I didn't have the nerve to tell her that her bill was probably at least 25% higher than if she shopped at Walmart. So now I say this "wow, if I ever have to worry about money, I'll remember that!" and she doesn't even mention it anymore. Busybodies. oh and I am not rich, just annoyed enough to lie.
    cheeseit

Answer by cheeseit at 7:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010