Any recommendations for great infant care (8 wk old) in or near St. Petersburg, FL.

I live in St. Petersburg, FL and I am having an extremely difficult time finding daycare for our 8 week old daughter. Interviewing nannies has left us with doubts about their abilities and the lack of supervision they would have. In-home day cares we have seen are, again unsupervised and typically in less than desirable areas of town. Most larger daycares do not accept infants. The Kindercare here is rather depressing. There are good options in Tampa but that is simply not convenient to get to and from. We would greatly appreciate any ideas the group may have. Thank you!

donostpete

Asked by donostpete at 1:57 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use to work in the infant room of a Daycare center. It was "suppose "to be "the best" in the area. After working there and seeing some of the stuff I saw, I would NEVER put my baby in a daycare center. The parent's all thought it was the best place around because they didn't see what was going on when they weren't around. I didn't work there very long because I was considered a trouble maker for reporting other employees for things that they did. I saw a woman change a poopie diaper then 5 seconds later while still on the changing table, without washing her hands, she put teething gel on the babies gums! Also a worker was holding her "FAVORITE" baby and another baby was crying. While holding one baby she picked up a six week old baby by his arm and swung him to another location!!

amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008