i feel like i am being used or am i being paranoid. i started working with a tutoring company about 3 weeks ago. the first week the director was their with me. and then the past 2 week weeks it has been every excuse why she cant make it. she is sick, she had a softball tournament, she had alot of errands to run, she was stuck at home, etc. so im there with 10-15 kids by myself tutoring. she said someone would always be there to help me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I agree with Blonde. :) You should go to her supervisor, unless she own's the business and IS the boss. If that is the case then you need to sit her down and have a mature conversation with her that you need assistance when tutoring. That is too many people for you to e able to offer the one-on-one focus the students deserve.
    Also you could let her know that the state does not allow one person to be with that many students at one time in a school setting and in a tutoring session you should follow state guidelines. (In GA anyhow a teacher can only have 10 students alone tops in a classroom.) As well the parents would not be happy to know their children are not getting as much individual help.
    All-in-all it's just not good business.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 7:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My question is this .... is she being paid to tutor/work, but not showing up? Is she your supervisor? Or is there someone above her you can go to with your concern?
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 6:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Ummm do you have someone to report her to? Especially if she is getting paid for it & not showing up.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010