CT scan show inflammation around the colon area..What does that mean?

I have to have the scope through the mouth and throat so he can see in y stomach and now wants to do a colonoscapy (sp)? Has anyone else had this problem.. I am 22

emturner

Asked by emturner at 1:58 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Health

• There are a number of causes for an inflamed colon, or colitis.
    Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's disease are both forms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Ulcerative colitis causes inflammation of the interior lining, and Crohn's causes inflammation throughout.
    There is also infectious colitis, antibiotic associated colitis, irritable bowel disease, and more.
    I don't know what your symptoms were that first brought you to have a CT scan, but I have had to have all of the tests you're describing. Unpleasant though they may be, they aren't as bad as they were 10 years ago, when you usually didn't get anesthetic, especially for the colonoscopy.
    Good luck and i hope it all goes well for you.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008