Any body have any mid-life babies?

I was 38 when I had my final child, she was 14 years younger than my second child, 18 yrs for the first. She has been such a joy, all the way through. I find I'm much less worried, stressed, and scared of goofing up than I was with the first two! She has been my dessert child, the icing on the cake for me!

MamaAlice54

Asked by MamaAlice54 at 6:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had my first and only baby -- my son-- just shy of my 40th B-day. He's 14 now -- no unusual problems or challenges.
    He tapped a dimension of love in me that I didn't know existed; it grows more and more every day.
    lyndastarwriter

Answer by lyndastarwriter at 7:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My youngest was born 3 weeks before my 41st birthday. My older kids were nearly 12 and 10 at the time. She is absolutely a joy, but I am much, MUCH more tired trying to keep up with her. She has a wildly open, loving and giving heart and brings an essence of peace to a house that is otherwise rather crazy. Reuniting with Barney, however, has not been much fun!
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 7:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'll be 39 when I have this one. It will be 18 years younger than my oldest!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Have fun with this one! I have stopped to smell the roses with mine, and she is my best friend! I have enjoyed every stage she has gone through so much more than I did with my first two!
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 7:01 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I had my first DS when I was 29 and 2nd DS at 38. We are enjoying both our boys so much and I'm glad that they are far apart in age, because I get to really spend special time with each of them.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 7:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My best friend had hers last year at 44. She said it's not as stressful as her last 3 who are grown.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My oldest was 19 when I had my last two. at 39 and 40 only 13 months apart. I am 44 now. My kids are
    24
    19
    16
    5
    and 4.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:16 PM on Nov. 15, 2010

• I agree it is a little tougher keeping up, but at the same time it's just so much easier! It doesn't seem that I am nearly as uptight with this one, she has truly been my "fun" baby! My older kids say I spoil her, but I tell them I want to spoil her, sorry for their luck! I get some jealousy with my older daughter, as when we go shopping or just scoot out of town for a couple of days. I have to keep reminding her that she has a l3 year old that she can do these things with! Of course, she wants me to foot the bill for that too. I just tell her sorry. My son, who is living with us for a while, just shakes his head, and grins when she comes up with the latest outrageous request. Then he comes into my room and rants for a while about how Desi gets everything she wants. I just tell him sorry!
    MamaAlice54

Comment by MamaAlice54 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Nov. 16, 2010