What is wrong with my hair?

Its very straight and not very thick yet it tangles like crazy!! Every morning I have to deal with a clump of hair that takes a good 10 minutes to get out. Could it be my shampoo? Anyone know of a good shampoo for dealing with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• SALON STYLE SHAMPOO IS THE ONLY THING I CAN USE.....JOICO.....THE BEST. AND ALSO RED KEN~SNAP IT.....

MIRACLE WORK
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 2:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• A leave in conditioner and/or a detangler?
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i use pantene and i rarely brush my hair cause it makes my hair so smooth... i may brush the day after my shower...
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Don't use pantene, it coats your hair in wax. Try what Apr1l said with the leave-in conditioner and detangler. Next time you get your hair cut try asking the salon workers; they may have some good inexpensive answers.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 6:15 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I'm wondering if you're using a good conditioner AND leaving it in long enough. I recently found an AWESOME conditioner: Joico K-Pak. My hair (medium texture, dry, thick) was feeling like straw -- I couldn't even run my fingers through it and I use conditioner like crazy AND wash it every other day. So, I stopped into Trade Secret one day and just asked them and they recommended this.

Being the skeptic I am, I saved my receipt in case I wanted to return it, but it works great! My hair feels silky and smooth and that's without any added product. It's pricey though: $17. BUT worth it!

She also recommended another Joice conditioner for a longer heat treatment. I can't remember the name right now, but she said to put that on after washing, put my hair in a plastic cap and wrap a warm towel around it for 25-30 min. I haven't tried it yet, since this other conditioner is working so well, but will probably do so sometime soon.
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 8:32 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Try a good conditioner or/and use live in conditioner/detagler. Better yet put your hair in a braid or a high pony tail before you go to bed that way it wound tangle as much.
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i used aussie 2 in one shampoo when my hair is short and aussie sydney smooth shampoo when my hair is long coupled with aussie sydney smooth three minute miracle conditioner EVERYDAY! It truly is a three minute miracle
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:55 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I love Biosilk, I have curly hair that tangles like crazy. Try salon products Joico, Redken, Matrix, Biolage. Find a hair stylist too that you like and see what they use in your hair....
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Actually, constant tangling the way you describe is a sign of split ends. They would have to be cut off, because split ends can't be mended.
    If this is not the problem, it could be hard water. If you have hard water, you will get build up on your hair. A good clarifying conditioner will help, and a filter or water softener if you want to spend the money.
    It may also be your products. Try switching. It also helps to sleep with your hair tied up. You can also keep a wide toothed comb in your shower to detangle your hair while the conditioner is still on your head. Tangles are much easier to get out this way.
    Michelle4478

Answer by Michelle4478 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 8, 2008