Is there any real way to grow hair faster?

I had 3' foot long beautiful hair. Chemo took every hair off my entire body. I'm getting hair on my head. A whopping one inch and it seems like its not growing much! Any tips? I know my body is damaged. But I'm tired of looking like walking dead, ill. And all the questions on Why I cut my hair comments from everyone!! Your kind favor for answers are greatly appreciated.,. Thank you!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:03 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• vitm -e is for hair
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:07 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Have you thought of trying wigs or quick weave? You know what they say if you can't achieve it weave it..........
    Anonymous

• All the B vitamins and plenty of protein are your best bets. The faster you are turning generating new cells, the faster your hair will grow. Nourish your body and your hair will grow.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• And Nioxin will plump up the hair the hair you have (and will have as the new stuff grows) which will make your hair appear thicker.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:09 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• And I definitely would not do a weave just yet. Your hair is probably a much softer finer texture right now. Wait until it thickens a bit more and is more "sturdy" before you do a weave so you don't break off what you have. The first of the year might be a good time to try that. :) A wig would be fine now, but I bet you are sick if wigs at this poing. :P
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• First, let me start by saying good luck & my thoughts are with you in your courageous battle. Second, yes, There's a vitamin blend available at GNC called Hair Skin & Nails, combine that with an herb called Horsetail which is available at natural food stores. Again. Good luck!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 7:13 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Prental vitamins they sell them OTC now.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Biotin is supposed to be good for hair but I doubt it'll make it grow quicker...will just strengthen it
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:32 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Very true, protein increase in the diet, the hair vitamins that contain horse tail, and biotin are really great! The biotin actually does help the hair to grow faster, but you have to take a LOT of it.... the amount that is in your B-complex vitamins is the minimal your body requires, not the actual amount needed. Alos, taking silica, flax seed oil or your omegas, and eating things like jello, oatmeal, drinking cornsilk tea, etc. are all really good for hair. Shin Min is another herb good for the hair. If you are having a hair loss problem, go to GNC or Vitamin World, and look into DHT.... it is a bad hormone blocker- the hormone that makes the hair fall out.... Hope all this helps! (I reccomend checking both vitamin world and gnc and then going online to www.puritan.com which is the same exact company that makes a lot of GNC's products and all of Vitamin World's.... but they are cheaper...!)
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 10:58 PM on Nov. 14, 2010