Do you bathe with your baby?

How lol?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, absolutly not!!! In my son's 2 1/2 years of life he has been in the tub with me once and he was sick. Take a look at your water when you get out of the tub, gross, why should your child have your dead skin cells all over them. I feel the same way about siblings bathing in the same water, hell most kids pee in their water, again gross!
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 2:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• When she is sick/congested, I'll take her in the shower for the hot steam. I have taken her in the bathtub with me once... my big self takes up too much space though.. ha ha...
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 2:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yes, but I have not done it without help! I fill up the tub, get in, and my husband brings me a naked baby. I support his head but just let his body float--he LOVES this, lots of big smiles and coos! He's two months old now, and we've been doing it for about a month. My husband does most of the scrubbing, as my hands are full trying to keep him from floating away, lol! It'd be super cute to have on videotape if it weren't for the naked Mommy there as well! When we're done, my husband bundles him up and gets him ready for bed while I get a little Mommy time in the tub, ahhh. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Nope.
    bluiidmommy

Answer by bluiidmommy at 2:20 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Sure. I sit indian style and my baby sits in between my legs. I fold a leg over hers so she cna't flip out of the "pocket". Generally, though, its me, hubby, and baby in baths and showers, cause it saves time. She's almost one. I don't think it's gross or anything. And for the lady who wrote the gross thing abot the skin cells, you skin cells fall off sleeping in the same bed and sitting on the same couch, or even using the same hand towel. Hell, you baby was inside you for nine months and I'm pretty sure you shared more than just skin cells and pee. I took baths with my siblings/parents and I'm still alive and kickin'!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I did when my son was real little. I breastfed anyway, so I figured that he saw my goodies all of the time anyway.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 2:29 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Nope. I dont think its gross or anything. I just haven't done it. Now that my baby girl knows how to splash really well, it might be a good idea lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 2:31 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i have never done it but my sons father gets in the tub with our 16month old all the time in shorts or swimming trucks of course but they have a good ol' time splashin in the tub we fill it up with toys and they have a ball!
    justinsmommie09

Answer by justinsmommie09 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Yep because my son was afraid of the water. So now I make bath time fun and enjoyable. I put a whole bunch of toys in there and we just sit and play for a little while. I don't see anything wrong with it when they are only babies. As they get older . . . then each family has to see what age their child is too old to bathe with them.
    nightwillow

Answer by nightwillow at 4:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I take bath's with my son all the time. He we be 7 weeks old tomorrow. When he was only a few weeks old I would have help, now I do it on my own. I fill the bathtub about half way and lay my son on my legs so his head is on my thighs, he loves to kick in the water! Then I just soap him up in sections and rinse him off. When we are done I have his bouncy seat next to the tub with his bath towel layed out across it, that way I can set him down and get out of the bath to dry myself off! I love taking baths with him, to me it is a great bonding time.
    beck_9808

Answer by beck_9808 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2008