at how many months does the baby usually begin drinking juice?

survivormama10

Asked by survivormama10 at 7:39 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• With both my kids they started to get small amounts of 100% juice mixed with lots of water in their sippy cups around 10/12 months old.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• 12 months would be the earliest you would want to introduce juice. However, like Syphon, I do not introduce juice except for a RARE treat. All three of my older children drink water or milk. They usually ask for water and that is all they are allowed during the day. Once in a while they will get one glass of juice/chocolate milk/and even more rarely, kool-aid. It is only ever a treat.

Fresh fruit is MUCH better and you are instilling the excellent habit of drinking water!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• ScarletReese, did you accidentally type one month???? A one month old should ONLY get breastmilk (or formula). I have never heard anyone (doctor or not) recommend anything but breastmilk/formula for an infant.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I made the juice mistake with my first. He started at about 12 months. My youngest gets water only and doesn't want juice.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 7:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• They don't need it. Better if you never start the habit. Its like baby/toddler crack.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 7:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I started my sons around 4 months. just to help his system loosen up a little if he got a little constipated.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 7:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Our household adds a splash of juice to our water. Like 80% water and 20% juice.and real juice. Not "cocktail" or "punch."

If you mix like that, a heavy dilution, then fruited water is okay for a child who is on solids.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 7:51 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My son was at least a year old before he ever got any juice, and it was always watered down, at least 2 parts water for every part juice. And he didn't even have OJ until he was over 2 1/2...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• As early as a month old.... I make sure it is all natural... If I need to squeeze a whole bunch of oranges I will... Juice is healthy for kids...
    ScarletReese

Answer by ScarletReese at 7:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010