Teachers - what do you want for Christmas?

I am sure I am not the only one who wonders what to get for you every year. Can you give us some gift ideas so that we are getting you what you REALLY want, and not another ornament or coffee mug? :)

beckie66

Asked by beckie66 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Holidays

• I like getting ornaments- but gift cards are so helpful... places like Wal*Mart, Staples or Office Max. I usually do not like getting them from teacher supply stores unless they are a larger amount, as I do not usually shop there on my own and have to add money most of the time to get things, and they are usually cheaper elsewhere.

Also- scholastic book clubs has teacher gift certificates available that are wonderful to get and I personally love getting things from Oriental Trading.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2010

• Good question... I'll be interested in the answers too. :)
    Jambo4

Answer by Jambo4 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'm sure a gift card to office max or staples would be very handy
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:49 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Well, since you asked...as a teacher...gift cards are good: Starbucks, restaurant, Barnes and Noble, Target, Staples, Office Maxx...we spend so much money out of our own pockets that the office supply cards really would come in handy, for myself. I can't speak for other teachers.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I'd love a gift card to Office Max. I would also like a gift of some school supplies. Pencils and erasers are alway in need. I swear, there is a monster in my classroom that eats those things. I would also like books for the classroom library. A room deoderizer wouldn't be bad either. I teacher teenage boys. It seems like one of them always has gas.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My favorite gift was a gift certificate to a teacher supply store another great one was a season pass to our little theater productions.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:47 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My favorite gift is an ornament. Each year I pull them out, I remember the child who gave it to me, even years later.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:16 AM on Nov. 15, 2010