Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


hello mom's i have a Q. my daughter wants to do temp gaurdianship of my grandson her nephew because he do not wanna stay with his mom anymore, he is 6 its more to this story i cant get into but she needs to get him in school ect not wanting any money we just want him here,,



Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • There is no way that she can do this without having legal temp custody through the court system. I have custody of my niece and I always have had to show the court custody papers just to get her into school. Sorry but it is best to do this legal like, especially if there is any child support or other money involved. With the legal papers, she can get the child on medicaid and food stamps but she has to have legal guardianship.

    Answer by bamachild88 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

  • Maybe he could just live with his aunt, no legal stuff.

    Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:06 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN