Anyone Got Any Advice?!

Ok, so i have been tryin to figure out my cycle for months. When i finally thought i had it all under control it changes. So, i have been takin the opks since the 30th of Oct. the one i took that day was the darkest one i have had. Today and yesterday there was no line. I was thinking i had a 36 day cycle but that would put my O day on the 6th. Now, im thinking i might of O'd last week sometime. My cm has changed from eggwhites to milky white. So what do you guys think?

AustynsMomma07

Asked by AustynsMomma07 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I found those kits to be prety useless.

Pick up a copy of "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. No more guessswork; you'll KNOW when you're ovulating and when you'r pregnant, even before the tests can tell you.

I wasted so much money on OPKs, then bought the book and was pregnant withn a month.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:28 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I had a hard time with the ones with lines so I bought a box of 7 of the ones that are digital and have a smiley face on them. The only thing is you have to be pretty sure what week to use them and they are expensive....but they worked for me, I am 6 weeks pg!!!
    njpmom06

Answer by njpmom06 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• Your body isn't a clock, so even if your cycles are regular, it's not abnormal to have an off cycle every now and then. And a lot of women aren't regular in the strictest sense of the word; cycles may range from 28-34 days or some such. And the way the OPK's work, depending on when you take the tests and when your LH peaks, you could miss your positive altogether; or it's possible that your LH doesn't peak high enough to even register a positive. The digital ones are definitely better, they take out a lot of the guesswork, but it's still a good idea to know your cycle as well as possible. Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great resource, as is www.fertilityfriend.com. And if you get it down well enough, you won't even have to spend money on OPK's at all.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:54 PM on Nov. 3, 2008