what type of church should i go to?

i want to try going back to church. all the church's ive ever tried were always hypocritical but i cant blame all the church's for a few mistakes others made. i want to find one that is open minded. i have 2 piercings on my face, stretched ear lobes and tattoo's (although theya rehidden by most outfits) and i dont want a church that will look down upon me for that, and some do, i want a church that is more open to things of that nature, one that is comfortable and welcoming to all ppl, no matter what race, clothing attire, lifestyle etc. which denomination is better for this?

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What religion are you? Do some research on the UU church
    church.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i dont really know. i havent went to church since i was 15. i just know that i do believe in god, i do believe in angels, heaven, hell, im very spiritual although some of my beliefs might not fit into all denomations....ie i believe that some psychics are real, i believe SOME of them are gifted with a divine heavenly gift....but most are bs trying to make money. and i know some church's look badly upon ppl like that. so i have to find something that fits into that. im really open minded, and thats really something in eed to find in a church
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• but on the other hand you should go to what ever church you like and just ignore those who judge you ....
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:12 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I was gonna tell you to join a UU...Unitarian Universalist. It's the only I'll go to or take the girl stoo and I think you'd like it just fine. It's an "all walks of life" type society and very tolerant of pretty much anything. Where have you been darling? Have'nt seen you in forever lol.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• i agree, but i dont want to be in a church that is highly judgement. i suppose their is no such thing as a perfect church lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:14 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• oh ih ad surgery...so ive been on recovery. it hought your name looked familiar heh
    moki1984

• Have you studied any other religion in depth other than Christianity? UU church are made of all types of religions, some have Pagan groups within the church, which is totally awesome. I can't think of any other church so open to all religious beliefs. Good Luck
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:18 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I have to be so conceded here lol, but my church is perfect!!! There is a perfect place of worship for everyone!!! YOu'll find it!

FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:19 PM on Nov. 3, 2008

• I would say non denomenational, or a Bible church. At our church anyone can show up in whatever gets them there, its not a wardrobe contest. God is more concerned with you being there than what you show up in. Now that being said you wouldn't want to show up in revealing clothes and that being because you certainly wouldn't want other men of the church lusting after you in a sinful way thats more a concern than piercings and tattoos. At a Bible church you will get biblical truth and not be subject to the legalism that goes on in alot of the other churches.
    Anonymous

• Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the mans problem that HE needs to work on to overcome HIS lustful thoughts? How is he ever going to become liberated if he can't take care of himself in the face of ANY diversion. That goes for everyone. Where is the merit in that?
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 2:40 PM on Nov. 3, 2008