Do you go to college online?

Through which school?
What do you think of the school?

I went to University of Phoenix, but want to try someone else. I didn't like them very much. They literally FORGOT about me when they fired my financial advisor and screwed up my funding and I'm still fighting to get it fixed. :(

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 7:59 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I go to a University and take a couple of online classes. Be careful of online schools, some are not certified.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I do, but it's through my local But I figure hey, all the credits transfer to any major university, so why not pay less?!
    Christy_517

Answer by Christy_517 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I am wondering the same! I am now looking into going back to school but online so I can stay home with my children! Good Question!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 8:00 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• What was your major? I will be attending USC for my Master's in Social Work through their Virtual Academy.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 8:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• That was supposed to say local community college! Dummy me needs a typing class, lol!
    Christy_517

• I take classes online through a local college. After doing a lot of searching, I discovered it is usually way cheaper to do it that way. Most colleges (especially larger universities) offer tons of courses online. I know the school I am going to offers like 25 different bachelors degrees you can obtain without ever stepping foot in a classroom
    Anonymous

• I graduated from University of Phoenix in 2008, and they're very expensive, selfish, and unprofessional. I'm now at Walden University, and I truly love it. They're tuition is reasonable, and they really care about your wallet. I'm just about done with my bachelors degree in child psychology.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Yes, I'm getting my certificate for medical transcription online right now. I'm actually online through my area college... they do have a campus but this way I can do my schoolwork on my own schedule. The only time I actually have to show up at the campus is to write my final exams. I'm in Canada, so it's not likely one that anyone here has ever heard of... it's Durham College, in Ontario.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:25 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I take online classes through Rasmussen College. I really like it, they are very professional and do everything they can to help you succeed. The only downfall is the price. Extremely expensive. In fact, I'm leaning toward transferring my credits to my local university. I might- I just love Rasmussen so much. GL
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I did my first 2 years online through the local comm college - SO much cheaper, legitimate financial aid instead of loan sharks, and all the credits are guaranteed to transfer (plus they're actually accredited, which U of P and a lot of other online only schools can't say, or rather they try to say it, but it's not actually true). I transferred to the University this year, so I actually go to my classes in person now, but some of them are available online, too.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010