Advice Please....

my dh is being so pessimistic lately its driving me crazy. one day hes like i love you and we'll work on us and get marriage counseling and literally the next day he will be like i dont want to put in the work. i am going crazy being the only one fighting for our marriage, anyone have any advice for me??

meagan678

Asked by meagan678 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• just be patient with him. i have mood swings like that sometimes too. sometimes you have bad days and sometimes good, but if you're there for him and have patience with him the bad days will get less and less. also, i would persue the marriage counseling...have something lined up for when one of the good days rolls around again. gl. like i said, i was like that, but my hubby was patient with me and now we've worked everything out.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Go to counseling w/o him. He sounds like he doesn't know what he wants but since you do, work with that.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 8:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Ask him straight out what he wants out of your marriage! It is a partnership that you made together!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 8:14 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• i guess ill just have to try to wait him out and keep the communication open, in the mean time, i think i will go to counseling on my own, thanks
    meagan678

Comment by meagan678 (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Don't know if you want a book suggestion but I have heard Relationship Rescue by Phil McGraw is good. There is a workbook that comes with it too. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Have you read "the love dare" you can get it on amazon.com right now for $2.50+shipping I highly recommend spending less than $5 you will be amazed!! GL
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I would just ask him straight out what he wants. No matter what you should go to conceling even if it's alone. When he has a mood swing try to take i with a grain of salt and kinda blow it off. Be kind, focus on the kids and home, try to pay dh a little extra attention when possible as well. Good luck!!
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 14, 2010