Walking excessively

Can walking too much or standing too long cause you to go into early labor or have false contractions?
This is my first pregnancy and I am about 30 weeks. I ask because my job requires us to stand for long periods at a time. (They have been placing me in a postion where I am able to sit) except for Friday. I was standing and walking around for about 5-6 hours. My belly started to get tight. Like on the sides then I would have like slight cramping. A friend or mine said it could be preterm labor and I should lay down for awhile with my feet up and if the cramps continue to go to the hospital. Well it started again today and yesterday I didn't do much walking around like I did Friday. Should I call my doctor?

new_mommie_2b

Asked by new_mommie_2b at 8:10 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do the contractions go away if you lay down and take it easy? if so, then it's bh contractions. if not, it's true contractions. either way i would call the ob because they could write a note telling your employer that you can't be walking around and on your feet for that long so then you will get to sit down on fri. too
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:12 PM on Nov. 14, 2010