For Thanksgiving, how do you keep people who don't like each other apart?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:15 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• they will most likely ignore each other, but if they start causing trouble you could pull them aside and tell them to grow up or leave (well...you might want to word it nicer than that. maybe not....whatever gets the message through lol)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:21 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• My theory is "invite everyone and let them worry about their own grudges." I can't be bothered to keep up with other people's squabbles.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Ask them to respect you and your wishes to act like adults for a day if they do not you will ask them to leave!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• that could be hard..with my mom and my step ads family the two mainly stayed in seperate rooms..or wen they were in the same room ignored eachother or the most part unless something as said it was normally a short sarcastic answer..

alot of times if theres many people there will be conversations going on all over you may not have to worry if anything have them sit far apart or something speak to them one on one and ask them to please keep the peace as well.
    kyliemaynard

Answer by kyliemaynard at 8:18 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well,I don't like my step sister so I just ignore her or keep my distannce.She's a trouble maker.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• nope--every man for theirself
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 8:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I don't have this problem

Answer by older at 8:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Their squabbling and bickering shouldn't ruin other people's day. They should be the only ones to have to deal with their issues. Alternate inviting them if they can't act in a mature, civil manner. When they ask why tell them the truth. You don't like dealing with it all.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 8:44 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I have my own children to worry about. Not keeping adults away from one another....they should avoid one another and be respectful of everyone else.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:17 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• In a private manner remind them separately that they are in your home and to keep it respectful towards each other until they leave. If there is any scene you will ask them to leave.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010