How many days should I wait before calling the Dr when 4 y.o has fever?

Kdance1

Asked by Kdance1 at 8:40 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Health

• It depends how high the fever is...I don't always call for a fever. How is she acting?
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 8:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well, how high is the fever? if it's 104....call right away! if it's under 102 don't bother and if it's in between i would try to bring it down with tylenol/motrin at home for a day or so before i called the dr.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• I always call savannas doc. that day if it is 101 and higher..Good luck
    sara_bru2000

Answer by sara_bru2000 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• It goes up to between 101 to 103. Her cheeks get super red and she complains about her head but after a little Mortin she is fine and plays like nothings wrong for several hours. It has been going like this for about 3 days.
    Kdance1

Comment by Kdance1 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• are you giving her the motrin and tylenol on a schedule? you need to give the motrin regularly until the fever is completely gone away. read the box....i'm not sure how often motrin is, but tylenol is every 4 hours i do know that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Depends on how high it is....fever is to help the body rid the illness, so it's a good thing, but I would say if it persist (over 100)for more than 2 days straight, to call the dr. just to be on the safe side.
    If fever gets over 103, I would also call dr.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:50 PM on Nov. 14, 2010