I need help to understand a dream my 3 year old had

My 3 year old daughter has started to have bad dreams. She says every time that in her dream she sees her grandpa in the newspaper and there is a snake who bites her. Now her grandpa was murdered 14 years ago and we have never talked to her about this. Yes he was in the paper for his disappearance but we have never told her about this. What could this mean?

sara_bru2000

Asked by sara_bru2000 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 14, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• This will probably open up a lot of opinions, but do you believe she could possibly be psychic to whatever degree? Was he actually murdered or did he disappear and they find his body and rule it a homidide? Not that I want to know the answer exactly, just trying to get you to look at what could have happened and if she is seeing it. Child or adult that would scare the shit out of me too.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well Im a speritual person and usualy in dreams when you see snakes it represents the wrong spirit. mabey she is seeing that the wrong spirit is going to get in her life somehow. Idk i wouldent tell her that and scar her. but im not sure about her grandfather though.
    EliasMommyDec09

Answer by EliasMommyDec09 at 8:45 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• to me it seems like she wants to find out more about her grandfather. newspapers are where we get information from....so imo it makes sense. idk about the snake. i tell my boys if they're having a bad dream to wake up and think of something nice to dream about. i do it too lol...it works believe it or not.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:48 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• She is getting info from the other side that she can't decipher. Tell her Grandpa is okay now and everything is fine. Surround her with the white light of the holy spirit (by prayer) and this should go away. Poor thing.
    Anonymous

• He was murdered in a very horrible way. She has only been told she has a grandpa up in the clouds..This morning it was she saw grandpa in the newspaper and she had a blue bunny and then the snake bite her on her fingers and hand. I almost wonder if she really is seeing him in her dreams. It just creeps me out...She seems to talk to herself sometimes too. I chalked it up to imaginary friend. But she also say's her grandpa is mean to her and doesn't like her and scares her. I just don't know what to do she wakes up like ever 2 hrs only started about 3 months ago.
    sara_bru2000

Comment by sara_bru2000 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• well, even if it is her grandpa's spirit talking to her/scaring her, then she has the power to make him go away. just tell her that she has to be brave and tell him to go away. practice with her. he can't harm her and he will go away if she commands him to. it's as simple as that
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• Has there been a death in the family recently, or did she overhear a conversation from someone else about her grandpa, (even if you don't think she was in ear shot)?
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 9:54 PM on Nov. 14, 2010

• That's weird. She must pick up from you that there is something not right about the situation.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 8:37 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• Not to sure i know my husband doesn't believe in ghosts at all..And i do , almost wonder if her is talking to our daughter cuz he cant talk to his son...To closed minded...I don't know just kinda creepy...
    sara_bru2000

Comment by sara_bru2000 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Nov. 15, 2010

• i don't know... could be something or nothing... my daughter thought she saw her "papa" on a can of chef boy r dee the other day... turns out it was just the chef... one day my daughter told her dad that his mom (her gma) who passed away 11 years ago wanted him to go shopping... something she LOVED to do and seemed to be some odd connection... but really she just wanted daddie to take her shopping...
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:51 AM on Nov. 15, 2010